For a girl who really loves to shop – I thought I was going to love registering for baby items. After all, I had a blast working on my wedding registry.
It was so stressful! Do you have any clue how many choices of baby stuff they have out nowadays???
3 hours and one stress headache later I left Babies “R” Us.
And I still have to do Target.
Now Lily Pads/Baby Bundles – a local baby boutique, will be a different story. That’s for the fun, cute, frilly items. I could do that all day long.
After all that stress I need comfort food. Which usually consists of some kind of pasta. This meal is no exception.
Beef Ragu (adapted from SlenderKitchen.com)
- 2.5 pounds lean beef chuck, trimmed of fat
- 1 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano or thyme, chopped
- Wide noodle pasta
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season your beef liberally with salt and pepper and add it to the crock pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 6-8 hours until beef is fork tender. Serve over your favorite pasta.
Hope all is well!