Italian food ranks right up there as being my favorite type of food but I have to admit when we got back home from our trip to Italy- I most definitely wanted something that 1) wasn’t Italian and 2) was not ordered in a restaurant.
I wanted good old comfort food and I wanted it in the form of Mexican!
So Mexican Chicken Casserole fit the bill perfectly!
It’s simple, simple and full of flavor. It can also be adjusted according to the heat you desire.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 2-3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 oz of jalapeno Velveeta cheese, cubed (use regular for milder version)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can mild rotel tomatoes (hot for spicier version)
- 1/2 bag Doritos, crumbled
Mix shredded chicken, cheese, soups and rotel in large bowl.
Pour into casserole dish.
Top with Doritos and bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly.
Serve with Sante Fe Ranch Salad and chow down.
That sure was simple and perfect for this hungry jet-lagged girl.
Glad to be back in the kitchen!