Well, today I’m sitting here killing time as the guys for AT&T are installing U-Verse throughout the house. I’ve never had anything but cable so I’m a little wary but hopefully it will be a good change.
Really, why does anything to do with cable/internet have to be so complicated?
While I’ve been sitting here (before they cut off my internet – please oh please work when they re-hook-up everything) I have found several new recipes to try! 🙂
But today I’m going to tell you about last nights dinner.
Chicken Cutlets with Tomato Cream Sauce
(adapted from Southern Living Magazine)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup loosely packed sage leaves
- ½ large shallot, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz hot cooked thin spaghetti
- Stir together flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour/cornstarch mixture.
- Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add sage. Cook, stirring often for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and fragrant. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add shallots and saute until tender. Add wine and cook until mixture is reduced by half, stirring to loosen all brown bits.
- Add broth, next 2 ingredients and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with crumbled sage leaves.
*****being pregnant, I do not have wine on hand like I normally would so I used 1½ cups chicken broth and added it when it calls for wine and cooked it down.********
I very much enjoyed this meal! I will say I thought it to be a little mild but would be perfect to serve to people who might not like “bold” flavors.