What goes better with a cold, rainy night than a good ole bowl of warm chili??
I can’t think of much else…..
It’s also perfect for winding down the weekend on Sunday night.
So, if you happen to have a cold, rainy, Sunday night – you will have pure perfection with this recipe!
Sunday Night Chili
- 12 ounces packaged bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1, 8 oz can tomato paste
- 1, 15 oz can light red kidney bean, plus one can of water
- 1, 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed, plus one can of water
- 1.5 Tbsp Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- Shredded cheese, green onion, Fritos and sour cream for toppings
Cook bacon until crisp, remove, crumble once cooled.
In bacon grease cook onion and red pepper for 2 mins then add in ground beef, cook until browned, drain excess grease.
Add crumbled bacon and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 1-1.5 hours. Salt/pepper to taste and serve with toppings of your choice.