Ok, not going to lie – all the negativity being thrown around on social media is just bringing me down. Granted, I have my own opinions on everything but I want none of the drama. So, since it’s been a while since I have posted anything, I figured it was time for a little good – good food, that is!!
We can all agree on that!
This recipe is so full of flavor but very light!
Simple to make as well. 🙂
Pad Thai Salad
- 3 cups cooked, boneless/skinless chicken breasts, shredded (1 -1.25 lbs)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I used the bagged kind for ease)
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1 small green apple, cut into matchsticks or small cubes (do this last so the apple will not brown)
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cloves minced garlic (jar kind works)
- ½ teaspoon jalepeno pepper, minced
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
In a large salad bowl, combine chicken, carrots, cabbage, green onions and cilantro. Toss to mix well.
In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, peppers, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce. Whisk until combined. Add this along with the water and peanut butter to a small food processor. Blend until smooth.
Add apple to salad and pour dressing over salad. Toss until salad is well coated. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
Salad and dressing can be stored separately in refrigerator until ready to serve.