Yes, I know.
This is my 3rd skillet meal in a row.
But OH MY GOSH they are easy. I thought the crock pot was easy. This is like insta-crockpot. Granted, I like anything with pasta, so I’m pretty much sold there but when you add in quick, flavorful and in one pan. Shoot, what’s not to like??
Sweet Apple Sausage Pasta
(adapted from Iowa Girl Eats)
- 8 oz. short cut pasta (reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot or 1 small onion, chopped
- 12oz Sweet-Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 sweet apple (about 1 cup), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 15oz can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6oz spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta until al dente.
Heat olive oil over med high heat and brown sausage and onion in large non-stick skillet. Add apple, garlic and seasoning and cook until apple is tender.
Then add in chicken broth, beans and spinach and warm/stir until spinach is wilted.
Pour in the sausage/apple mixture into pasta and add reserved little to get your desired consistency.
Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Ok, I told a little fib earlier – this took 2 pots but it was totally worth it!!! The flavors in this are totally different but totally amazing. I LOVED it!!!