Let the countdown begin!
We have around two weeks left until we get to see our sweet bundle of joy!!
This also means my husband has about 1 week or so left of me cooking at home for a while. 🙂
So when I ran across this recipe on Lindsay’s blog – Normal Cooking – I knew I must make it for him because one – it’s simple and two – it has Italian sausage in it and he loves Italian sausage.
This is his favorite Italian sausage:
Italian Pasta Skillet
(adapted from Normal Cooking)
- 12 oz Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown sausage in a non stick skillet.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in spinach until it wilts. Stir in cheese until melted.
Serve with more cheese sprinkled on top