Let the countdown begin!
We have around two weeks left until we get to see our sweet bundle of joy!!
This also means my husband has about 1 week or so left of me cooking at home for a while. 🙂
So when I ran across this recipe on Lindsay’s blog – Normal Cooking – I knew I must make it for him because one – it’s simple and two – it has Italian sausage in it and he loves Italian sausage.
This is his favorite Italian sausage:
Italian Pasta Skillet
(adapted from Normal Cooking)
- 12 oz Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown sausage in a non stick skillet.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in spinach until it wilts. Stir in cheese until melted.
Serve with more cheese sprinkled on top
He really loved it and I’m glad because it was so very easy to make!