There is a touch of fall in the air!! And that is so hard to believe considering it’s the middle of August in Alabama. But I am not complaining at all! It has been a very mild summer and for that I am grateful – pregnant in the summer in the south is not a good thing. Oh the swelling and the sweating. Fun, huh?
I’m afraid the temperature will start rising again this week so I’m going to enjoy this very mild morning while I can and tell you about an easy crock pot dinner we had last week. It’s packed with flavor and simple, simple, simple.
(adapted from cleverlyinspired)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 ounces of sliced mushrooms (your choice of kind – I used a combo of button and shitake)
- 1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
- Hot cooked rice
Start by melting butter in a sauce pan and add in Italian dressing, stir until mixed thoroughly.
Stir in soup, cream cheese and wine unit completely melted and combined. Gently fold in mushrooms.
Place chicken in crockpot and pour sauce over the top.
Cook on low for 6 hours, serve over rice.
This will become one of your quick “go-to” meals!