When I think of flavorful foods, I normally think rich, heavy, warm foods.
Maybe that has been my problem when it comes to not wanting more figure-friendly food.
Case in point, a lean pork tenderloin.
You have to have some thick, rich, heavy sauce to combat the plainness of it, right??
Well, guess what? You don’t!
Below is a way to spice up your grilled tenderloin without all the fat and calories!
It’s pretty too! Perfect for a summer meal on the patio. 🙂
Cantaloupe and Red Pepper Salsa
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.