Did you miss me?? 🙂
We had the most wonderful trip to Italy!! The weather was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous and the food was absolutey fabulous!! If we had not walked more than I have ever walked in my life the 5 pounds I came home with would have easily been 10!!!
I will definitely be sharing some of the food I devoured and hopefully be trying some of it at home.
But first of all, right before I left I was totally surprised and thrilled to be nomintated for the Liebster Award! YAY!!!
A very big thank you goes out to Lindsay of Normal Cooking for this honor! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favorite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
I did not have time before my trip to do this properly so I wanted to wait til I returned and have this as my first post after my hiatus.
11 things about myself:
- I’ve been accused of being OCD.
- I’m pretty good at many things but I’m still looking for the one thing I’m great at doing.
- I am an only child – I always wonder what the bond between siblings feels like.
- The reason that I eat everything is because as a child I was made to have 3 bites of everything that was served and had to not like it 3 times before I didn’t have to eat it anymore. There ended up being very few.
- I used to be a night person but in the past 1-2 years my body clock has swapped on me and now I am a morning person.
- I am a good house cleaner but I despise doing the floors.
- I do not like crowds.
- I took piano lessons for 9 years but cannot play a thing.
- I am a stickler about writing thank you notes (hand written thank you notes) which means I love stationary.
- My favorite place to be is by a pool with an ocean view and have a book and drink in my hand.
- I iron everything.
Answers to Lindsay’s questions:
1. Do you have a favorite college football team? Who is it? Yes, University of Alabama
2. What would you consider to be your greatest achievement? Going back to finish my bachelors degree.
3. What do you think is the very best dish you’ve ever cooked? (and can I have the recipe? ) This is a hard one……..probably my mother’s Country Fried Steak with gravy. (and yes you can have it but it’s one of those a little bit of this, some of that type recipes 🙂 )
4. Since today is September 11th, tell me where you were when you heard the news on 9/11/2001. I had just gotten out of the shower and the phone was ringing. My boyfriend at the time was calling to tell me.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up. An international business attorney – yeah right! hahahahahaha!
6. What did you end up being/doing once you grew up? I work in a salon as a Nail Technician – I had always done it for friends and did it for a job when I went back to school but liked it so much I continued even after I graduated.
7. What’s the funniest video you’ve seen lately? (and post a link if you have it!) I have to be honest – I can not remember the last video i watched.
8. Apple or PC? Apple
9. Who is your Hollywood crush? Matthew McCanaughey
10. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? I really can’t pick. Too many for very different reasons.
11. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? rudeness
My questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What is one thing you haven’t done that you really want to do?
- Favorite place to eat?
- What’s the last book you read?
- Text or talk?
- What’s your day job?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What one ingredient could you not live without?
- What is your favorite simple thing in life?
The 11 Blogs I nominate for this award:
- Rachel Schultz
- Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Plain Chicken
- Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Relative Taste
- Chef Mommy
- Bake or Break
- Lulu the Baker
- Return to Sunday Supper
- Pennies on a Platter
Thank you again Lindsay for your nomination!
Catch y’all again soon!