I have found that when I’m eating healthier, I have more energy and I’m not as sluggish.
I know, I know – everybody has always told me I would feel better the better I ate (my husband included) but now I can actually say I believe them…………as much as it pains me to say he was right.
Anyway – it’s good timing because we are living with a teething baby and sleep has been very limited. I’m a walking zombie and need all the help I can get!
Moroccan Chicken Salad Wraps
(adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ½ cups of cooked boneless, skinless chicken (chopped)
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
Place first 4 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and process until coarsely chopped. Place spinach mixture in a bowl; stir in yogurt, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, juice, and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper) in a medium bowl. Add chicken and nuts; toss.
Divide spinach mixture and chicken mixture evenly (or to your liking) among the wraps.
Roll up and eat. 🙂
*this recipe is for 2 servings – it can be easily doubled*
Very different and very refreshing!