I always come across Asian recipes I would love to try but I never do.
You know why?
I never have sesame oil and they all call for sesame oil. I never can remember to pick it up at the store.
I bought some sesame oil today!!
We are having an Asian Inspired dish tonight.
Korean Beef Bowl
(adapted from Mel’s Kichten Cafe)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- Hot, cooked rice
First start your rice or quinoa so that it will be ready about the time you finish up with the beef.
In a large skillet, brown the hambuger meat with 2 of the green onions and garlic. When cooked through, drain excess grease.
In a separate bowl, mix together soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, one green onion, sesame oil, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Stir sauce into beef mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over warm rice, garnish with remaining green onion.