When I’m trying to eat healthier, one of the things I try and keep on hand are ingredients for smoothies. Frozen fruit, yogurt, juice, protein powder etc.
They are tasty, filling and if you make them right – good for you.
I usually have the typical one with strawberries, blueberries and bananas but I wanted to switch it up a bit.
The following recipe did just that and it did not disappoint.
Citrus Banana Oat Smoothie
(adapted from Cooking Light)
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup prepared quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Pour everything in blender and blend until smooth.
Makes 2 servings. Around 260 calories per serving.